As someone who comes from a region (Serbia – Croatia – Montenegro – Hungary) where water polo is very popular, I perfectly understand the appeal of this exciting and physically demanding sport. Therefore to get gift ideas for the water polo players and enthusiasts in your life, I reached out to dozens of players to get their recommendations.
The result is this comprehensive list of the best gifts for water polo players.
From essential equipment to fun accessories, these gifts are sure to be a hit with anyone who loves the sport. Whether they’re just starting out or are seasoned pro, these gift ideas will help them up their game and show off their water polo pride.
If you’re looking for the perfect present for the water polo player in your life, look no further! These water polo gift ideas have been tried and tested by players and are sure to be a hit.
Gifts for Water Polo Players (List)
- Water Polo Ball HydroGrip Size 4 (NCAA and NFHS Official)The centerpiece of water polo is the competition ball; this is a regulation ball that can be given as a gift, and used in the event that community-access playing balls aren’t available. Kap7 is a commonly known brand in the sport of water polo, and this ball is the official NCAA Women’s water polo game ball. It meets regulations for competition play both locally and nationally.
- Swim Parka – Unisex Adult & Youth, Extra Long Cotton ParkaFor anyone that has to compete in a sport year-round, and especially a sport where competitors are required to get wet, having a warm parka is one of the best investments an athlete can make for their own comfort. This parka has a front zipper closure, an outer shell that will not let water seep through, a cotton towel inner lining that catches moisture, and two zippered pockets to keep belongings safe. The outside of the parka is a solid navy-blue color, but the inner fleece is available in multiple colors: lime, pink, orange, and light blue.
- Water Polo Retro Vintage 80s Style T-ShirtFollowing in the trend of vintage-inspired T-shirts, this retro design features the silhouette of a water polo player preparing to throw the ball, against a Tron-like background and vintage sunset design. This shirt is available in your choice of 10 different colors, and comes in men’s, women’s, and youth sizing. T-shirts are machine washable and feature a classic cut and fit. Easy to care for and easy to wear, it is a great way to show water polo pride!
- Jesus the Water Polo Goalie Saves MugThis is a hilarious gift idea for a Christian water polo goalkeeper or player to have a fun time while drinking their morning coffee. Who would win in a game if Jesus were the goalkeeper of the opposing team? I think we know the answer to that!
- Big Mesh BackpackKeeping a soggy pool gear separate from the dry clothes shouldn’t be a hassle, but for water polo players that don’t have a well-built swim gear backpack, this is an unfortunate fact of life. The Big Mesh Mummy has extra capacity with a large main compartment and smaller pocket for storing gear, and a mesh ventilation design to let the moisture out. Gear is kept secure with a barrel-lock top closure and zippered pockets. This backpack comes in 11 different colors, making it easy to find one that matches water polo team colors.
- Wide Mouth Water BottleChoose from 24 different color options to customize this gift. Water bottles are underrated when it comes to aquatic sports; it’s easy to forget to drink water when you’re literally swimming in it, after all. This 32oz water bottle is BPA free and made from recycled plastic, and has a wide-mouth opening with a screw top, making it easy to stow away without leaking and then clean out when the game is over.
- Flow Hydro Sport Quick Dry Towel for Swim and Water PoloThis towel was designed with water sports in mind, and won’t become stiff like chamois tend to do after getting wet. Flow Hydro towels are great performing quick-dry suede-like beach towel, invented in Australia and designed for swim, pool, triathlon, water polo and anything water. Giving this gift will solve the problem of slow drying to your favorite water polo player next time after a swimming practice or water polo match at the pool.
- Speedo Sandal Deck SlideThese sandals are constructed with a hydrophobic comfort EVA material with the famous Speedo brand logo across the top of the sandal. There are five different colors and patterns to choose from. If you know a swimmer or water polo player, you know that the ground around pools, in showers, and in locker rooms can become pretty gross over time. These sandals can help keep your favorite water polo players from stepping on rocks or debris.
- No-Number Water Polo Practice CapSave the game-day water polo cap for the real deal. The practice cap does not have any numbers displayed as normally seen in water polo matches, but the cap is made of a chlorine-resistant and durable PBT material, and comes in three different colors.
- Dominate or Drown HoodieDoes the water polo player in your life have an extra-competitive personality? They might love this sweatshirt, which features a spoof of the Starbucks mermaid logo. These unisex hoodies come in a cotton/polyester blend, and are machine washable. There are three colors to choose from black, navy, and dark heather (gray).
- Swimmers Shampoo Extra Boost + Pre & Post Swim ConditionerChlorine water can wreak havoc on skin and hair, leaving it dried out and brittle. These swim-specific hair products remove the pool chemicals and smells from hair, help to relieve symptoms of dry scalp, and also conditions and hydrates the hair. They feature a dead sea mineral and botanical formula, which are SLS/paraben/alcohol/GMO/cruelty free.
- Gatorade Endurance Formula PowderDehydration, or an electrolyte imbalance, can sideline even the best water polo player. The formula in Gatorade Endurance contains sodium and other electrolytes to help water polo players (and other athletes alike) to sustain their energy and hydration over long periods of time. This mix has no artificial flavors or sweeteners and is available in four flavors: cherry, lemon lime, watermelon, and orange.
- Mouth GuardWith water polo being a full-contact sport, using a mouth guard is a necessity. The Shock Doctor Gel mouth guard comes in over a dozen different colors, and each is made with a gel-fit liner to mold specifically to a person’s teeth and gums. An exoskeletal frame ensures protection of the entire mouth against impacts. The Shock Doctor mouth guard also features breathing channels built in to make it easier for athletes to breathe while wearing it.
- Training Ergo Ear PlugsWater polo is a fun game, but spending hours at a time in a swimming pool can cause a variety of ear issues and infections over time. These ergonomic ear plugs were created to provide the best, most watertight fit possible to the anatomy of the ear canal. They are made of a high-quality TPR plastic, making it easy to place and remove them. Each set of plugs come with a storage case to help safely store and secure them when not in use.
- Nail Clippers SetPlaying a contact sport means that if you’re not keeping up on hygiene, you could inadvertently scratch someone with a long nail or hangnail. Since nail clippers are small and tend to disappear, this nail clipper kit makes an excellent replacement gift, and comes with a bright yellow storage pouch for safekeeping. The nail clippers are ergonomic and will work on all nail types, including thicker nails.
- Swim-EAR Drying AidSometimes, you have that little bit of water that’s gotten into your ear, and you just can’t shake it out. Water polo players experience this too, and using an alcohol-based ear-drying aid helps to evaporate and clear up any lingering water that’s stubbornly stuck in the ear canal after being in the pool for hours.
I hope this list of gift ideas for water polo players has helped you find the perfect present for the water polo enthusiast in your life. If you have any additional gift ideas or personal recommendations, I’d love to hear from you!
Please feel free to reach out and share your own favorite gifts for water polo players.
I’m always looking for new and creative ways to support and celebrate this exciting sport, and I welcome your input and suggestions. So if you have any gift ideas that you think should be added to this list, don’t hesitate to contact me and let me know!