If you happen to know a maintenance worker, you are probably well aware of how hard they usually work every day, yet don’t get enough recognition for it. Their work requires constant use of hands and full focus on what they’re doing, even if they’re working in not-so-pleasant environments and conditions. They often need to be immune to too hot or too cold temperatures, dirt, unpleasant fumes, and other surroundings that many of us wouldn’t want to be working in on a daily basis. What might seem like an easy job is far from easy, as the maintenance staff works on important projects many of us wouldn’t even know where to begin with.
Whether you are their boss, fellow maintenance co-worker or colleague, friend, or a family member, surprising them with a nice little gift will surely make their day and even help with their future projects.
That’s why we’ve prepared a list of perfect gift options for maintenance staff that will be useful for their everyday work, so that you can easily choose without having to thoroughly research this field of work, yet surprise them and easily put a smile on their face with your choice:
- Noise Reduction Safety Ear MuffsMaintenance workers are no strangers to loud sounds whilst making repairs or adjustments to machinery or equipment, which can negatively affect their hearing and overall health in the long run. However, they often don’t notice that damage until it is already too late, so many of them tend to neglect buying or putting on safety equipment, such as those noise reduction safety ear muffs. So why not surprise them with this cool yet useful gift that will positively affect their health, safety, and overall work-life. Those can block out even the loudest shooting sounds, and their compact folding ability provides efficient storage and convenient portability, as they fit well in any backpack.
- Knee Pads for Protection And StabilizationAnybody whose daily job is repairing or installing certain machinery and equipment probably faces many hours a day of having to work on their knees and has to deal with the consequences of doing so. Not only is kneeling painful even after just a short period of time, but prolonged kneeling also causes health problems that can negatively affect the person’s everyday life. That is why every maintenance staff member should own a pair of those knee pads for protection and stabilization of both knees, to ensure comfortable and safe working hours every day, which will not only keep the staff healthy but also happy and more motivated to work well.
- Headlamp FlashlightWhen we think of a repairman of any kind, one of the first things that comes to our minds is that funny-looking headlamp that they usually use. Even though it can look a bit silly, it is extremely practical and functional for all maintenance staff, and each member should definitely own at least one of those, so they never have to rely on anybody to hold a light for them, and work precisely even in the places that don’t provide enough light naturally. Repairs and machinery installs usually have many details that shouldn't be left overlooked, so maintenance workers need to be able to see even those smallest parts clearly, and this headlamp will be of great use for that.
- Magnetic Wristband with Flashlight and Tape MeasureAn exceptionally handy tool for all maintenance staff is this magnetic wristband that can easily and securely collect all their little repairing tools so they don’t get lost, shattered or thrown around, and stay close and of quick use to them all the time. This one doesn’t only have magnetic abilities, but a flashlight and a tape measure as well, which are both crucial in any repairing or installing work. While repairing, those small bits and pieces are very easy to drop or lose and constantly having to rummage through their belt pouch can be annoying and time-consuming for maintenance staff, so this wristband will be an amazing gift for them.
- Screw Cap Shape Ceramic MugNo matter what jobs we do for a living, the majority of us share one great joy - taking those coffee breaks or sipping hot coffee while working. That's why you can never go wrong with a coffee mug as a gift, whoever the gift receiver is. If you happen to choose a coffee mug with cool aesthetics related to the job or interests of that person, you're sure to pleasantly surprise them with a gift they will probably use on a daily basis. Screw caps are a part of every maintenance worker's daily work, so this ceramic mug in the shape of a screw cap will be a cool and witty gift choice for them and will provide them with great rest breaks and yummy yet stylish coffee sips.
- Men's Short-Sleeve CoverallProviding maintenance staff with proper work clothes is just as important as providing them with the right tools for their job. Regardless of what type of maintenance work they do, this short-sleeve coverall will be a great choice for them and will ensure comfort, protection, efficiency, durability and easy care, with its roomy fit in the chest & shoulders, a bi-swing back to accommodate a full range of motion, elastic waist inserts, concealed snaps at waist, as well as neck & chest pocket for secure fit. Practical with its roomy pockets, this suit will provide enough room for the quick storage of their tools, and breathable materials will ensure comfortable work hours, no matter how messy and dirty the job gets.
- Safety Toe Puncture Resistant Work BootWhat should be considered an essential part of the gear of any maintenance staff member, but is often overlooked, are those safety toe puncture resistant work boots. Even if your maintenance staff members already own a pair, another pair of those will always be of great use and handy to have as a backup, and will surely be an amazing gift choice for anybody who does this type of job. Those work boots also have electrical hazard protection that is very important for maintenance work, as well as steel toe part for protection against any heavy parts falling on worker’s foot and potentially hurting them.
- Magnetic Telescoping Pick-up Tool KitAlongside many different tools that any maintenance staff worker needs, there is, in fact, always room for more, and they can never have enough of those useful bits and pieces that might come in handy in unexpectable situations. You can never go wrong with this type of a gift because no matter how many of those repair tools they have in their tool bag, you can be sure they will always be pleasantly surprised by one more new kit. This magnetic telescoping pick-up tool set will be particularly functional for them as it offers easy and detailed view on areas that are not easily accessible and reachable.
- High Density Roll-Up Foam Utility MatAs maintenance staff often has to kneel in order to finish some of their projects, installations and repairs successfully, along with the previously mentioned knee protectors, this high-density roll-up foam utility mat is going to be an amazing gift choice for them and provide safe and comfortable work days and reduce the risk of any work-related injuries, thus contribute to healthy and content employees. This one has a convenient roll-up design with elastic band for compact and convenient storage, while being easily portable. With its heavy-duty canvas material, its durability is guaranteed so it will definitely be a handy gift for them.
- Heavy Utility Work GlovesOne thing we can all agree on when it comes to what is the most functional gift for maintenance staff are those heavy utility work gloves. Without a doubt, every single maintenance worker needs at least a couple pairs of those, to ensure safe work and no injuries to the hands, as maintenance workers use them the most. It’s easy to forget how dangerous this job can actually get, from cuts and bruises, burns and electrical damage to high possibility of heavy pieces falling on worker’s hands, the least they can do to protect themselves is to have good quality work gloves, so this pair will be a great gift to any maintenance staff member.
- 42-Pockets Tool BagAll those maintenance tools need a safe and secure storage place, preferably a portable one that also has enough room to keep all those bits and pieces together in one place, so the workers never have to worry about not bringing something with them or missing an essential tool while working on an important project. This big tool bag with 42 pockets will provide maintenance staff with all that, and be a fantastic waterproof organizer that will keep all their important tools dry, safe and easy to carry with its hard-molded bottom. This one is built to last, so even the heavy tools will fit perfectly.
- Multi-Tool Pen SetOne of those little gifts that will be of great use to maintenance staff both in their work life and private life is this multi-tool pen set that has 8 amazing combined features that everybody needs sometimes, and that includes super bright LED light, stylus top for easily using a tablet or phone, standard and metric rulers, bubble leveler, bottle opener, flathead and Phillips screwdriver, as well as a ballpoint pen. Seems like an omnipotent little tool, doesn’t it? It will for sure be a great gift for your maintenance worker, as they probably need all those features in their everyday work-life.
- Illuminated Headband Magnifier VisorRegardless of whether the maintenance worker has to wear prescription glasses on a daily basis or not, this illuminated magnifying headband will be an amazing gadget for them, even if their eyesight is perfect. As they constantly have to repair and install things, there are often small parts that human eye cannot see well naturally, so a headband magnifier is going to be very handy for them and as such, it will be a great gift choice. Those glasses are very lightweight and the frame design is ergonomic, so they will not feel any burden while wearing them at work.
- Vacuum-Insulated Beverage BottleWhile a coffee mug is never a bad choice when it comes to gifts, for a maintenance staff member a vacuum-insulated stainless beverage bottle might be a slightly better and more functional choice, as during their work days, they often don’t have a lot of time or even an appropriate place to make coffee and drink it from a regular cup. This bottle will guarantee a pleasant and secured drink that will stay hot or cold regardless of their working environment and conditions, which can often be harsh for maintenance staff.
- Reusable Heat Packs - Gel Hand WarmersAs maintenance staff mostly uses their hands for all of their work, they are easily prone to injuries and problems. On the other side, their working conditions can also be very harsh, sometimes even working on very low temperatures outside, and we all know how easily your hands can become numb when you’re using them in cold weather. That’s why those reusable heat packs that work great as gel hand warmers will be an amazing gift choice for any maintenance staff member, to soothe and warm their hands instantly when in rough working conditions. They function by using a unique click-clack technology that provides an instant heating pad with no boiling or microwave heating needed.
- Working Hands Hand CreamThis hand cream is not your regular hand cream, its name perfectly describes what it’s made for. The Working Hands hand cream is a perfect product for anyone working as maintenance staff, as they use their hands as their main working tool. The harsh conditions that we’ve previously mentioned can easily make their skin dry or cracked, and that is why this cream will be a great gift choice for them, to heal, relieve and repair extremely dry, cracked, and damaged skin on their hands, while creating a protective layer on the skin’s surface that instantly boosts moisture levels and helps prevent further moisture loss. Ideal as a post-work self-care routine.
- 16-in-1 Multi-Tool HammerNever enough of those cool multifunctional tools for maintenance staff! This 16-in1 multi-tool hammer basically has it all! From screwdriver hole, Allen wrench, mini claw hammer, nail puller, car safety hammer, safety belt cutter, slotted screwdriver, steel file, knife, bottle opener and wire cutter, to a paracord bracelet with a compass, whistle, fire starter and scraper, this is like a little all-powerful tool that everybody needs in their bag, especially if they happen to work as maintenance staff. Instead of having many different separate tools, it’s much easier and takes up less space having a couple of those multi-tools that always come in handy.
- Solar Wireless Portable ChargerWorking in an office, for example, provides employees with a constant possibility to charge their phones on their desk whenever they have to, but for maintenance stuff, circumstances are often not that great when it comes to charging phones. As they often have to do field work and work long hours outside, their phone batteries, especially on colder temperatures, can quickly die, which leaves them without the possibility to contact anybody. This solar wireless portable charger will be an amazing gift choice for them as it provides a quick and cable-free charging for many types of modern smartphones. It can charge 4 devices simultaneously at full speed, while being an environment-friendly gadget.
- Tool Pouch BeltEven though maintenance staff who does field work has to carry their tools in a big tool bag, once they arrive at their work spot, taking each tool out or coming back to the bag to take another one out every 5 minutes is time consuming and not practical. That’s why this little tool pouch belt will be a useful addition to their work equipment, to serve as a quick and easy access to only a few of the most important tools needed for that exact project they’re working on. With 7 storage pockets, hammer loop, tape dispenser loop and adjustable tool belt, this pouch will be a great organizer for their bits and ensure they don’t lose any small parts in the process.
- Respirator Mask Plus Safety GlassesMost people who do maintenance work have to deal with unpleasant or toxic vapors, fumes, dust or other harmful particles in the air, so a professional breathing protection mask will be an amazing gift for them. This one comes with protective safety glasses, because protecting the eyes from those air particles is as important as protecting the nose and mouth. The mask itself is reusable and comes with filters, and the glasses provide crystal clear vision without getting foggy or dirty easily. Safety should always be a priority for any maintenance worker, so this will be another thoughtful and useful gift for them.