Amongst so many different professions, working with children has to be one of the sweetest but also most complicated jobs that require a lot of responsibility on a daily basis. Working with children means completely having their life in the hands of the daycare worker during those working hours, and that includes caring for their safety and well-being, as well as teaching them valuable lessons and making sure they are having fun and playing well in the meantime.
If you aren’t sure what a daycare director does for a living – they take the complete responsibility for all the daily operations of a daycare center, ensure a safe and educational environment for young children, manage teaching staff and develop the curricula in coordination with them, as well as communicate with parents and make sure that center’s reputation is always on a high-level. To sum it up – they do a lot!
To inspire you and make the process of choosing the best gift for a daycare director easier, we’ve created this list below that you can choose from:
- Fingerprint Tree CanvasDaycare directors work with children, and although they learn to distance themselves and not get too attached, these little humans stay in their hearts forever. Even though their job as directors is to make sure the whole place runs smoothly while other workers spend most of the time with children, they’re still connected with them as kids are the whole point of their work. Whether you’re their colleague or a parent whose kid visits, collecting all the daycare’s children’s little fingerprints on this tree canvas will make the most meaningful gift for a daycare director.
- Book ‘’Working With Young Children’’Daycare directors work with children, and although they learn to distance themselves and not get too attached, these little humans stay in their hearts forever. Even though their job as directors is to make sure the whole place runs smoothly while other workers spend most of the time with children, they’re still connected with them as kids are the whole point of their work. Whether you’re their colleague or a parent whose kid visits, collecting all the daycare’s children’s little fingerprints on this tree canvas will make the most meaningful gift for a daycare director.
- Brain Game for ChildrenWhat makes a good daycare, apart from professional and kind workers, is a good curriculum and equipment for it that will keep the kids mentally and physically engaged and work on their brain development while keeping it fun and avoiding boredom. A daycare director already knows all that, so providing them with a gift that will contribute to their business and add to their equipment collection couldn’t be a bad idea. This brain game for children is specifically designed to explore the limits of little humans’ brains and mess with their minds in a fun and engaging way.
- Brain Games: Big Book of Boredom BustersA daycare can never have enough books, both for educational purposes and for fun. One more of these cool gift ideas that would contribute to that director’s workplace is to add to their book collection. Another brain challenger - Big Book Of Boredom Busters, packed with science, puzzles, and tons of fun, this activity book will effectively repel any boredom, exercise children’s mental muscles and keep their days in this director’s daycare fun and engaging, which will directly influence the center’s reputation, and that is of great value for any daycare director.
- Inspirational Coffee MugDirectors work a lot, but they are also allowed to take those coffee breaks many times and even drink coffee while working. Having a pretty and representative mug that they will proudly show off on their desks will make them feel cool and special, and this mug has the most inspirational message printed on it for anybody who is working with children - ‘’It takes a big heart to shape little minds’’. This sentence actually speaks facts, because shaping numerous children’s little minds per year is not an easy task - their minds are like sponges that pick up everything around them.
- Front Door Welcome MatA cute front door welcome mat is half the job of making someone feel welcomed and pleasant before entering any place, and this one with a fun message on it that reads: ‘’Just So You Know There's Like A Lot of Kids in Here’’ will definitely be the most perfect front door mat for any daycare center. We can guarantee that the daycare’s director will proudly put it in front of their door and be very happy about it! It will surely put a smile on the face of anybody who comes near it.
- ‘’Chaos Coordinator’’ T-ShirtAs much as their jobs seem lovely and bright, we can all agree that handling more than 2 kids at a time can be very stressful and complicated. Kids are cute, but are really good at creating a messy chaos in a short period of time if left unsupervised. Nobody is a better chaos coordinator than a daycare director - and these two words pretty much sum up and perfectly describe their whole career! This shirt will be a great gift for them as they’re the ones who prevent chaos on a daily basis.
- Digital Touchless Forehead ThermometerDaycare is a place where germs, viruses and bacteria can easily spread, as countless number of children are spending their days there. The times that we are living in came suddenly and brought the ‘’new normal’’ with them that we all had to adjust to pretty quickly like it’s not a big deal. You’ve probably already seen these touchless digital forehead thermometers, as they’re widely used as a tool to stop diseases from spreading. It will be of great use for the daycare director’s center for quickly checking every child’s body temperature before getting inside and keeping everyone safe.
- Air Purifier for Large SpacesChildren are always the most susceptible to easily catching viruses, and another great gift for helping keeping the daycare director’s workplace safe is by gifting them this amazing instant air purifier that helps remove 99.9% of viruses including Covid-19, bacteria, allergens, and smoke, with an advanced 3-in-1 HEPA-13 filtration with plasma ion technology, that’s suitable even for large rooms. Daycare centers are of great risk for contamination, so this will be very beneficial to the director and not only keep the children safe, but their parents and families as well as the daycare staff.
- Undated Planner for DirectorsLet’s be real - a daycare director’s work position requires a ton of planning and organizing on a daily basis! They probably go through countless numbers of these planners and notebooks per month, as there are many important things to write down everyday. Attendance register, sign in sheets, record book, equipment shopping lists and organization of meetings are just some of the things that need to be written down in a daycare center on a daily basis. This undated planner is specifically made for directors and will be a great gift for them and their new favorite organizer!
- Big Wall CalendarAnother way to benefit the daycare director’s work flow is to surprise them with this dry erase jumbo wall calendar that they can hang on their wall for all the staff to use. From daily meal planning, classes and other activities to overall organization of the center, this calendar with date boxes and 5 markers included will be one of the key tools for their workplace and will provide an easy way of checking what the other members of the daycare staff have in plan for the day, without having to interrupt them in their work and communicate verbally.
- Funny Wine GlassIf you happen to be the parent of a child who attends the daycare of the director that you want to surprise with a gift, you can show your appreciation in many ways, but if you feel free enough to get a little silly and funny, this gift will be the perfect choice. This wine glass has a funny, accurate and cute message printed on it that reads: ‘’Sorry if my child is the reason you drink’’ and it’s just a humorous way of expressing your gratitude and maybe apology for your child acting out the other day.
- Appreciation Self Care Gift BoxWhether you want to express your gratitude to a daycare director for keeping your child or little sibling safe and happy, or for them being an amazing boss if you’re a member of the daycare’s staff, or you just want to show appreciation to your friend whose job is to run this center and they’re doing it amazingly - this box of self-care items will be a great gift choice. This neutral set contains a candle with a wooden wick that creates relaxing sounds, a natural soap, a tumbler for beverages and a Thank You note.