As much as the majority of medical branches solely count on science as the only right answer and solution for any health problem, there is a growing number of branches that utilize a more natural, holistic approach to health.
Although some people strictly respect and believe in the conventional medicine point of view and its usual methods of healing and treating diseases and health problems, an increasing percentage of the population worldwide is progressively leaning towards the alternative medical branches that offer solutions through a form of healing that considers a whole person – body, mind, spirit, and emotions, in the quest for optimal health and wellness. Even though they mainly work with nature and its methods, their techniques still derive and rely on conventional medicine.
One of them is kinesiology, the scientific study of human body movement that also uses holistic approaches for healing. If you happen to know an aspiring kinesiology student and want to surprise them but you’re unsure of what they’d benefit from, we’ve created a list of useful gift ideas you can choose from:
- Medical Exam TableThe best gift choices for kinesiology students are those that can contribute to their future careers. One of the best career paths for future kinesiologists is opening their private clinic, but it’s not always a possibility since students can hardly save up that much money. You can play a part in that by providing them with a tool they can use to equip their workspace and get everything prepared even before graduation. Every appointment with a kinesiologist starts with an exam table, although they differ from regular doctor tables as they mostly use massage or chiropractic tables for their routines.
- Acupuncture NeedlesOne of the techniques used in kinesiology is acupuncture, a form of alternative medicine originating from traditional Chinese medicine, that practices the insertion of thin sterile needles into the specific points in the body. These points are believed to stimulate the central nervous system, so it releases chemicals into the muscles, spinal cord, and brain and helps elevate the pain in certain parts of the body, which can be directly connected to the movement, that kinesiology originally studies. This set of needles is strictly designed for professional usage and will be a great tool for a future kinesiologist’s workplace.
- Acupressure Tool Set
- Using: It can be used with body emulsion or massage oil on the smooth skin surface, then press hard down, and then move down muscles - so-called friction - gentle massage - or along the path of acupuncture meridians, along the skin. On the surface, gently massage about 4-6 inches at a time and repeating the action until the skin turns red.
- Systemic Care: This set includes acupressure pen, facial gua sha and muscle scraper to provide whole body care for different parts. And different shape is designed for different areas of the body, such as the back, forearm, neck, calf and pectoral muscles. It can be used by most people, not just by masseurs or athletes.
- Function: Through the use of double oblique blade massage, reduce muscle pain after exercise, improve recovery time, and treat soft tissue injury. Soft tissue massage tools are designed to help effectively treat adhesion and scars caused by surgery, injury and overuse of muscles. Acupressure pen can massage deep trigger point, relieve the muscle knot and pain of back, neck, shoulder and other parts.
- High quality: Sets of 6 Pieces 100% stainless steel scraper massage tools packed in a strong suitcase, polished to mirror surface, our massage tools are durable, reduce friction and provide sensitive support
- Great Service: I believe you will love this product! Great Gift to your friends and family. Our professional customer service department will make every effort to ensure your satisfaction, we will provide a month.
- Acupressure Points ChartAs acupressure focuses on specific points and meridians of the human body, this acupressure chart will be of great use for students still learning and practicing, but also as a decorative poster and a “cheat sheet” later in their own clinic or workplace, that they can take a peek at any time and remind themselves of certain points throughout their first years of working and gaining experience.
- Neurological Reflex HammerOne of those useful tools for any doctor or practitioner working in the field covering the human body movement is a neurological reflex hammer. Since kinesiology also focuses on the electrophysiology of muscle and brain activity, their methods usually involve testing the main reflexes of the human body. This neurological reflex hammer will be a must-have tool for their everyday work and practice, as it is a medical instrument used by practitioners to test deep tendon reflexes, and testing for reflexes is an important part of the neurological physical examination.
- Human Brain ModelAs all the human movement is controlled by the brain, kinesiologists involve neuropsychological principles and mechanisms of brain activity, as well as other behavioural and cognitive research techniques. The brain plays a huge part in every health-related topic for humans, and kinesiology professionals seem to know the importance of it. This brain model will be a perfect practice tool for any kinesiology student as it will guide them through the anatomy of the human brain, while also providing a nice decorative piece for home or workspace, for all students that study any of the medical branches.
- Scientific Human Muscle Anatomy ModelOne of the first things a kinesiologist does during their appointments is a technique called gentle manual muscle response testing, where they will apply light pressure against the muscle that is being tested, in order to find where exactly the problem that the patient is experiencing is coming from. The basis of all human motion comes from the muscles, as without them we wouldn’t be able to move the way we do. This scientific human muscle anatomy model is something every kinesiology student should have. It is half life-size and shows a complete human muscular system.
- Kinesiology: The Skeletal System and Muscle Function BookOne of the greatest ways to contribute to a student’s future and success, no matter what career they are pursuing, is by gifting them professional books. They may not be the most exciting gift idea out there, but they will surely influence the student’s knowledge and the ability to do their job in the best possible way after graduation. This 3rd edition of Muscolino’s Kinesiology: The Skeletal System and Muscle Function book covers skeletal and muscular systems, biomechanics, the fundamentals of structure and motion, a complete atlas of bones, bony landmarks, and joints, and much more useful information.
- Kinesiology TapeThat one thing that every kinesiology student has to have is, of course, the famous kinesiology tape. Kinesiology tape is a relatively new and novel concept and technique in the field of physical therapy but has been a very popular topic over the past few years. Developed by a chiropractor in the 1970s, today it is massively used by all types of physical therapists, including kinesiologists. Kinesiology studies require a lot of theoretical knowledge, but even more its practical application. The person you’re gifting will be able to practice on themselves or on their friends with this Kinesio tape.
- Tuning Forks SetAnother instrument kinesiology professionals use is a tuning fork. In holistic kinesiology practices, as well as other physical and sport therapy, sound and vibration healing plays a big role in solving health problems. Don’t get confused, even though they can be used in music, tuning forks’ applied vibration is believed to help remove blockages in the body’s energetic pathways, thus they are widely used in treating muscle and movement problems. It will be a good gift choice for a kinesiology student to practice and add to their work equipment.
- Human Skeleton Model for Anatomy with Nervous SystemEvery person who studies human movement or any other human medicine branch needs to know their basics - the human skeleton. Bones play a huge role in the development of humans and the way they function and move, so any kinesiology student will find great use of this human skeleton model for anatomy, with a big bonus - it has a nervous system on it as well. This skeleton will be an amazing gift choice for learning, practice, as well as an informative, interesting and educational decorative piece either for their home or their workspace in a few years.
- Medical Uniform Top and PantsA doctor is not a doctor without a medical uniform! One of the ways to truly inspire and motivate a kinesiology student is choosing this professional medical uniform as a gift. It’s a two-piece uniform, and you can choose any color you think your person would like the most. When the student tries on their own first medical uniform, they will get inspired and motivated to study and work even harder and achieve their dream career goals quicker. The uniform will make them visualize themselves as already successful and accomplished professionals and what’s a better motivator than that?!
- Chakra Candles with CrystalsKinesiology often uses alternative healing methods to treat its patients. It focuses on overall health and well-being, so nutrition, relaxation, and energy work are just some of the techniques used to correct certain problems. The chakra system focuses on identifying and correcting some chakra imbalances, and chakras can be imagined as wheels of energy that are located in different areas of the body. The effective methodology for balancing the energies of these chakras using kinesiology therapy can improve physical and emotional health. These chakra candles with crystals will make a calming atmosphere in any kinesiologist’s workplace.
- Exam Table Bed CoverAnother must-have for any kinesiologist's office is the exam table bed cover paper that is used and changed after every patient, to keep everything clean and sanitary. Kinesiology practice requires patients to lay on the exam bed to start the appointment, so this set of exam bed covers will be a great tool for any student to add to their work equipment collection for future years.
- Chakra Chart PosterOne more useful poster for a kinesiology student’s future office or clinic is this chakra chart poster that will make a great decorative wall piece for the workspace, as well as be an amazing learning guide for practicing in those student years. In order to be able to work with energy as a technique for healing, kinesiologists need to know everything about chakras, and this poster covers it all.
- The Science of Nutrition BookAnother method kinesiologists always consider in their approach to patients and their health problems is nutrition. Wherever the problem lies, one of the key ways to make it better is good nutrition, so it is a very common topic on all kinesiology appointments. Even though students are already learning all this theory in their studies, gifting them with a good and educational book about nutrition can only be a great addition to their professional library and benefit their future patients in the best way possible.