We all run into people from certain professions on a daily basis without even noticing it. What might seem like a regular, incidental occurrence for us – like cashiers that we come across whenever we’re buying our daily groceries or going shopping for clothes and accessories – are actually real people with their real jobs. These jobs might seem like easy occupations that don’t require much effort or knowledge; therefore, many customers often treat them with less respect and decency, but their jobs are sometimes much harder than those that demand and receive more admiration.
If you happen to personally know a cashier, you’re probably aware of the fact they are doing their best every day to earn that income and improve their job performance, as well as how significant their attention to detail needs to be as they’re working with money and retail that doesn’t allow any room for error. Surprising them with a gift will be a great way of showing your appreciation and maybe contributing to their work performance, so we’ve prepared a list of interesting gift ideas for cashiers:
- (Book) Retail - The Second Oldest Profession: 7 Timeless Principles To Win In Retail TodayCashiers don't have to stop there. There is plenty of room for them to prosper and if their motivation for professional growth, as well as willingness to upgrade their skills, are on a high-level, they can easily get an upgrade or raise. Knowledge is power, so if they focus on expanding it, they’re on a sure way to success. Retail is a broad professional path with many different opportunities, so a good book about it will greatly contribute to their growth. This one explains 7 principles to easily win in retail and will be a great guide for their improvement.
- Waist Pack BagAs the customer traffic is often very busy, cashiers rarely have time to leave their cash register spot and go pick up their phone, tissues, cash, a gum or some other daily accessories everybody carries in their bags. A good and spacious waist pack bag will be an amazing gift for them because it will allow them to keep their stuff close to them at all times without occupying their hands. This will keep them well organised with less distractions and more focus on productive work.
- Eyeglasses Holder Strap CordOne more useful tool for all people working in front of cash registers is a strap cord for holding eyeglasses. Constantly having to take their eyeglasses off and put them back on is a great way to lose them and is definitely not the most useful and practical thing for cashiers. In order to do productive and efficient work, they need to keep their important stuff close to them at all times, especially glasses that most people can’t live without, let alone work without, so this pack of 4 strap cords will be a great gift choice for them.
- Luxury Pen with 24K Gold FinishEven though they don’t work in a regular office, cashiers surprisingly need to write a lot of stuff down often. They usually use all these random pens found in the store that their bosses provided, but they frequently get lost or stop working properly and that’s where a problem can arise. Why not provide them with their own pencil they can keep in their waist bag or pocket at all times, and why not surprise them with a luxurious one?! This luxury pen with 24k gold finish will make them feel like they’re the boss, even if they’re not!
- Hand Sanitizer Gallon with PumpTimes that we are living in demand us to pay much more attention to our hygiene than before. Keeping our hands clean and sanitised is not only reserved for when we come back home and wash them - we need to sanitize them many times throughout the day. Cashiers work with cash, items that are touched by many people, cash registers that aren't that clean either, and it's just hard to keep their hands clean. Providing them with a huge gallon of hand sanitiser that kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria will keep them safe and protected at all times.
- Stainless Steel BottleBeing hydrated is one of the most important and easy ways to keep our health on optimal levels. Cashiers work in a fast-paced environment and often forget to drink water throughout their working hours. Gifting them a good quality bottle that can be used for water, coffee, tea or another drink they like while keeping it at a preferred temperature is a great way to surprise them and show that you care, with a pretty gift that benefits their health. This simple modern and vacuum insulated tumbler is designed with a straw for easy usage.
- Large Insulated Lunch BagAnother way to contribute to the health and organisation of a cashier is to buy them this large insulated lunch bag, that will inspire them to plan out their work week meals and actually prepare them in advance, so they stop reaching out for fast food during their lunch breaks which can be very short. This one is a high-quality bag that has enough space for all their meals and drinks for the day, as well as the ability to keep them hot or cold for hours.
- Counterfeit Money DetectorAs cashiers work behind the cash register most of their working time, they encounter many different people who might or might not have bad intentions. Having a counterfeit money detector nearby the cash register will definitely be a useful tool to help them quickly check if the suspicious customers are trying to deceive them. Preventing that will save their own position and reputation in their bosses’ eyes and show them that they care about contributing to business’s overall success, even if they’re working at the gas station.
- Set of Blank White T-ShirtsCashiers usually have their work uniforms provided by the business they work for, but especially during those hot summer days, they can get sweaty from working all day, and that’s when an extra couple of plain white t-shirts can come in handy. No matter how many of them they already own, a couple more are always welcomed, cause during those hot days they can go through a couple of them a day. With those neutral t-shirts, they will be able to frequently change them underneath their regular uniforms.
- 3 Pack Fingertip Moistener PadsIf you want to provide them with a small gift that will greatly contribute to their work, you can choose this pack of 3 fingertip moistener pads. You’ve probably seen cashiers wrestling with dividing plastic bags or counting money. As it’s not hygienic and acceptable to just lick their non-clean fingers anymore, these pads will be of good use to them. Unlike most of these wet sponge pads, this pack contains non-toxic, odourless and greaseless pads that prevent stains and provide hygienic and long-lasting way of grip improvement, therefore faster sorting and more accurate counting.
- The Best Cashier Ever: Funny Notebook JournalChoosing a less formal and serious gift is also not a bad idea! It can put a smile on their face and make them realise that they are actually amazing at what they do. This funny notebook journal with a message on the cover that reads: ‘The Best Cashier Ever’ will make them proud and actually be useful for their everyday work or private life, to write down all those important things. Even cashiers need a place to write their own shopping lists!
- Mario Badescu Facial Freshener Spray CollectionCashiers spend all their working days on their feet or in their chairs in front of the cash registers, and as easy as that might seem, it really isn’t. If they’re required to wear face masks, they can easily get acne or clogged pores, the air can get stuffy and their hands dirty, so a little quick and easy refreshment throughout the day could be very pleasant and beneficial for them. This set of Mario Badescu facial freshener sprays is a limited-edition pack that will keep them refreshed while keeping their skin healthy and clean.
- ‘Cashier of the Year’ Coffee MugIf you want to surprise a cashier with a cute gift that they will be able to proudly show off and use in their workspace, then a mug with a supportive message will be a great choice! This lovely mug will keep all their working hour coffee or tea breaks stylish and meaningful with the nice message printed on it that goes: ‘Cashier of the Year’. Now every customer that they come across with will see that the cashier of the year is processing their payment!